Things to think about and to plan before your next move
If you want your move to happen without a hitch there are a few things that you should plan in advance.
1) Make sure that you have all of the right keys and alarm controls for both your new Sydney home or office and your old Sydney home or office. The last thing you want is for the removalists to be sitting around waiting while you have to drive around getting keys.
2) Get the utilities connected at your new home or premises in advance of the move. Again, you want to make sure that the removalists are moving into a well lit area.
3) Arrange for babysitters for the kids. It can be dangerous having young children wandering around while furniture is being moved. It can also be quite boring for the kids so it is probably a good idea to have pre arranged babysitting in place prior to your move.
4) Organise for someone to look after your pets whilst the move is taking place. Dogs and cats can become frightened when they are in a strange place and there are strange people cayying furniture about in a strange home. It is probably best to keep them somewhere safe during the moving process.
5) Make sure that you get strong boxes and cartons for your move. Packing is extremely important when you are moving house or office. Using flimsy boxes or bags to pack your belongings into can increase the potential risk of damage. Elite removals can provide a range of sturdy cartons and boxes at very reasonable prices. We can also assist you the packing and unpacking of those boxes if necessary. Our Sydney packing services have assisted hundreds of families with their packing and can take a lot of the stress out of your next move.
6) Make sure you book your Sydney removalists early. Don’t leave it to the last minute. A lot of the popular removals services can be booked well in advance. To avoid disappointment make sure that you give your preferred removalist at least a couple of weeks notice.
7) Ensure that you have an adequate supply of removals materials. You will need to have plenty of bubble wrap, packing materials, boxes, tape and blankets for furniture. If you are using Elite then we will be able to provide all of these materials at an affordable rate. If you are using another Sydney removals company make sure that you ask them before hand about the cost of the packing materials and whether they will be supplying them.